Putting on a Pretty Face
My face has broken up into pimples & as you know,looking Gorgeous is mandatory!!
There is'nt much time to go for facials and all that jazz so skin angel must come to my rescue.
This is my DO's and DONT's for my pretty face.
- Drink a lot of water. Skip the aerated drinks.
- Apply as minimum of makeup as possible,so that my skin can breathe underneath. Anyways I've been told I look prettier without any makeup on :)
- Remove every sign of makeup before going to bed. This is the most important tip, and alas we tend to overlook it. Leaving on makeup longer than necessary can clog pores, especially if it is thick makeup or there is a lot on. Removing makeup as soon as you are finished with it is key to keeping gorgeous skin and avoiding breakouts, especially overnight. However, it can be tricky to make sure all of it is gone.
- Remove any eye makeup. Use a gentle makeup remover like jojoba oil or olive oil. Apply a bit of water & jojoba oil onto a cotton pad to gently remove your eye makeup. Regular makeup remover can irritate the eyes. Make sure you get most, if not all, of any eyeliner and mascara you had on, as well as some eyeshadow.
- Steam your pores. Drape a towel over your head and hold it over a sink of hot, steaming water. This opens your pores and dislodges your makeup easier for cleansing. You can add few drops of Lavender essential oil to water to get benefits of its antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- Remove your lip color. Apply a small dab of petrolatum jelly to your lips, and gently rub it in with a tissue. Fold in the tissue, and blot the lips. Place a small amount of olive oil on your finger tips and rub across your lips to get moisturized and shiny lips.
- Use a gentle face wash. Most of your makeup should come off on this stage. Be sure the face wash is gentle and you don't scrub harshly. Your skin has been covered in makeup all day and it needs to breathe!Baby your skin soap is apt for the purpose, not only skin impurities are drawn out but pores are tightened and skin inflammations cooled down.
- Remove any eye makeup that ran while you washed your face. It's pretty common to see a bit of mascara or eyeliner under your eyes, and very easy to remove with a dampened cotton swab.
- Close your pores with a splash of cool water. Rub in some moisturizer to soothe your skin.
- Pat your face dry with a towel and rub in a light moisturizer. The rigor of the applying of makeup and removal of makeup can dry out your skin in irritation. Soothe this with a light moisturizer like any body milk lotion. Chose the flavour that you like the most and let it soothe your skin.