Stay Calm and Get Well with Lavender

Soulflowergirl has been off the cyber and real world for a while.
I had a hit on my head, due to which I suffered a Brain Hemorrhage.
Thanks to the buckets of love and good wishes, I'm back on my feet, going about my Soulflowergirl duties :)

What really helped me through the tough times was Lavender. I surrounded myself with this super healing essential oil.
Lavender soap,Lavender potpourri,Lavender body milk,lavender essential oil.
My hospital room was filled with the soothing notes of Lavender.

Here are several ways you can use this healing herb.
For the mind: To relieve stress, anxiety, depression and insomnia
The antiseptic properties of lavender oil mean that it is good for your skin, as well.
Use in the bath or by inhalation. Bath is best because you’re already there to relax. You can either add 5-8 drops of essential oil to the water or, if you have sensitive skin, first mix 5-8 drops with a teaspoon of olive oil then add to the water.
To inhale the oil, put a few drops on tissue and take several breaths, use an inhaler, or breathe it in from a bottle.
For the skin: Relieves kitchen burns, sunburn, insect bites and inflammation
On a small burn or bite, apply a few drops of the oil, undiluted. If the burn covers a large area, as in a sunburn, dilute it with aloe vera juice and apply it with a spray bottle.
For the body: Relieves headache, muscle ache, joint pain, circulation, shingles and respiratory problems
Use lavender in a diffuser. Or combine 10 drops of essential oil with 1teaspoon  of carrier oil such as rosehip or jojoba. For external use, this is a general rule.

 Lavender with this relaxing,antibacterial properties is the best natural healer for you.
Next time you are stressed or frazzled, or even sick in bed, keep this wonderful essential oil closeby....


Comments

Popular Posts